Black TruStone - Gold Web

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from penmanship

penmanship

WOW! ~ This stuff is tough to turn. It got to the point that I didn't even turn off the grinder...............I couldn't go 2 or 3 passes without re-sharpening my chisels.......
smile.gif

But, a little patience & I finally won!! I don't know what was harder, turning the pen, or trying to get a photo of the detail...........

Gotta love a challenge. Let me know what you think ?

Attachments

• Gold Web 2.jpg
    Gold Web 2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 227
  • Gold Web.jpg
    Gold Web.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 259
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

broitblat

Well, whichever was harder, it looks like you did well on both.

Nice looking pen, and the photos do show the detail well (although they don't give you much of a sense for the whole pen :)

-Barry

CaptG

I think that is the nicest El Torro I have seen. I have a couple of those kits laying around, hhmmmmm. Good work.

OldWrangler

I found that rather than wearing out my chisels, it was easier to turn it down using a file. You can rest the file on the tool rest and file the underside of the blank. Takes it down real fast and smooth and you don't spend so much time sharpening (and wearing out) chisels. Works good on any stone inlays or solid tru-stone or even rocks like alabaster.

randyrls

I found that rather than wearing out my chisels, it was easier to turn it down using a file. You can rest the file on the tool rest and file the underside of the blank. Takes it down real fast and smooth and you don't spend so much time sharpening (and wearing out) chisels. Works good on any stone inlays or solid tru-stone or even rocks like alabaster.

George; If I can be nosy, what kind of file are you using? Wood rasp, or some kind of mill file?

Top Bottom