Black Tru-Stone with Pyrite on Cambridge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this A.M. This is truly the first Cambridge pen where the black center band did not bug me. It's a Black Tru-Stone with Pyrite on a Gold Cambridge Rollerball with Silver Accents. Comments welcome but most of all thank you for looking! Doc:)

Attachments

• Black and Pyrite Cambridge_2.jpg
    Black and Pyrite Cambridge_2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 234
  • Black and Pyrite Cambridge_1.jpg
    Black and Pyrite Cambridge_1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 268
  • Black and Pyrite Cambridge.jpg
    Black and Pyrite Cambridge.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 255
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

That gold matrix TruStone always makes a stunning pen. Your fit looks spot on and with that blank you hardly notice that black band on the cap. Well done.

ctubbs

Doc, you finally found a blank that the black band does not look out of place upon. I am glad you found a light background for these shots. Against the black background all we would see is the hardware and the pyrite (fools gold) veins. Once again your fit and finish is spot on. Do you ever miss hitting that perfection? No, don't answer that, just let me go on believing that someone is really that good. Beautiful pen, blank and hardware all. Congratulations Doc.
Charles

wizard

Doc, you finally found a blank that the black band does not look out of place upon. I am glad you found a light background for these shots. Against the black background all we would see is the hardware and the pyrite (fools gold) veins. Once again your fit and finish is spot on. Do you ever miss hitting that perfection? No, don't answer that, just let me go on believing that someone is really that good. Beautiful pen, blank and hardware all. Congratulations Doc.
Charles

Charles, I'm working on getting more comfortable with a white or lighter color background. Ways to go yet. Thank you for your gracious comments and encouragement. Regards, Doc

renowb

Beautiful pen! Do you find the black Truestone harder to turn than the other colors?

moke

Doc--
Awesome pen, great photos. I don't really think you need to work on the photos..I'd say you are there. I know from previous posts you do not like the highlight...IMHO, I think it shows it is well finished and very shiny....Good job!!

wizard

Beautiful pen! Do you find the black Truestone harder to turn than the other colors?

Bill, It is interesting that you bring that up as I almost mentioned that in the thread start. It does seem harder as seems to be literally a tougher consistency to the blank but not brittle. I switched to carbide tools in the middle of turning it. Regards, Doc

wiset1

Great looking pen here! I had a thought today about casting a thin layer of concrete and spinning it for those in the buisness of building our homes, but this looks better, ha ha ha.

Top Bottom