Black Titanium Cigar Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from timcbs

timcbs

Hi All,

Here is the new design of the Titanium Cigar Pen, The kit is from Rockler and is a Black Titanium Cigar Pen, The Blank was made from 3/4" Solid 6AL-4V Titanium, I cut rings around the outside for a nice looking pen, it feels quite nice in the hand and weight 67 Grams.

All comments are welcome!

Attachments

• Black Titanium.jpg
    Black Titanium.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

So addition of the black piece beneath the clip and the removal of the trim ring at the centerband are the changes? Looks like the upper barrel is a straight cut now.

I don't know, I think I'll stick with the older style kits myself, but your Aluminum pieces look fantastic.

Mark

Oh man, that is a sweet looking pen. Nicely Done..

I like the older style better. The additional black band on the end of the upper portion seems (to me) to limit the lines of the body. Sometimes I like the bulge, other times I prefer the straight barrel look. Sort of depends on what the blank is and what I want to have as a final result. Still, I suppose change is good and I'll learn to love it just the same.

Last edited:

timcbs

First off the Aluminum pieces are made from 3/4" Solid 6AL-4V Titanium and not Aluminum and I to like a pen with shape and not flat, but hard to do without a CNC Lathe.

Jgrden

SHOW OFF !!!!! After looking at my miserable mess of Titanium pens. I can appreciate what you did. What did you use to cut the Ti ?

timcbs

I used a Metal Lathe with a carbide cutter, still not a easy task., I am going to try that CA and a torch thing you were talking about and see how it comes out....

Last edited:

Jgrden

I used a Metal Lathe with a carbide cutter, still not a easy task., I am going to try that CA and a torch thing you were talking about and see how it comes out....
Carbide, that's the trick. Don't use CA on the Ti. I just rubbed them clean with alcohol and was careful not to let a speck of dust land on them until they were torched.

Top Bottom