Black Ti fountain on spalted pecan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jsolie

jsolie

It's been a while since I've posted a pen pic. This is my first FP. It's still using the stock nib (Bock nib should be on it's way), and is currently filled with Noodler's 54th Massachusetts. I get a lot of interesting reactions from people when I use it.

Hardware is a Jr. Gent II in Black Ti with stabilized spalted pecan. There were some worm holes that I didn't see when preparing the blank, and the tube is visible though a hole on the pen body. Finish is several coats of CA, and polished up with those Dr. Kirk's waxes and then some plastic polish.

i-XCrS2nH-L.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

Nice pen, AND...matches your dog!!:)

That gives me an idea, to make pens to match my 3 dogs. I could have 'em (pens, not the "gang") in view at the table, and use as a conversation starter...everyone with a dog(s) will become my friend, and talk story, and maybe buy a pen or two.:wink:

jsolie

Thanks, everyone!

Nice pen, AND...matches your dog!!:)

That gives me an idea, to make pens to match my 3 dogs. I could have 'em (pens, not the "gang") in view at the table, and use as a conversation starter...everyone with a dog(s) will become my friend, and talk story, and maybe buy a pen or two.:wink:

The browns in the pen aren't quite a dark as the browns in my pup. We had to put her down several years ago. That was probably the most difficult thing I've ever had to do. She was about 12 1/2 and her hips had gone. I keep that avatar in her memory.

SteveG

I am very sorry that your friend is gone...it is so difficult in a situation like that. You do have the fond memories and a great avatar. I am sorry if I brought up painful memories by my comment, and I hope the happy memories are the ones that prevail.

jsolie

I am very sorry that your friend is gone...it is so difficult in a situation like that. You do have the fond memories and a great avatar. I am sorry if I brought up painful memories by my comment, and I hope the happy memories are the ones that prevail.

No, no painful memories, just fond ones. :) When we got her as a pup, I knew it wasn't going to be forever. She was, without a doubt, the best dog I've ever had.

Amusing semi-woodworking related story about that dog: I always had to be careful when using any oil based finishes around her. They must have smelled good to her, and if I weren't careful, she'd eat the finish rags. Stain, poly, didn't matter. Them was good eats to her. :eek: The crazy thing was she could pass the rags without us knowing, no whimpers, no being grouchy, nothing. :bulgy-eyes: That dog had an iron constitution.

Top Bottom