The Black Rose

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Timebandit

Timebandit

I made 3 pens for Roy(Oklahoman) the other day, and this is one of them. This is the first of the Bock feeds for me to use. This is Black Rose Lucite with a #5 Bock feed and Nib. I am very happy with the way this one turned out, and really like these#5 feeds and nibs. They have a little tab that stops the nib at the perfect spot. With this nib in a Heritance feed the Germany under the Bock is covered up by the section. In the Bock feed the nib sticks out farther, making it look longer and more like a #6 nib in length. This material was hard to photograph. Is black with reds swirls in it.

All Comments Welcome

Thanks For looking

Justin

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0691.jpg
    DSC_0691.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,619
  • DSC_0692.jpg
    DSC_0692.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,609
  • DSC_0694.jpg
    DSC_0694.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,609
  • DSC_0695.jpg
    DSC_0695.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,623
  • DSC_0696.jpg
    DSC_0696.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,599
  • DSC_0697.jpg
    DSC_0697.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,614
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Justin, you've done it again, and thanks for the information about the Bock nib in a Heritance feed. You are finally pushing me into the realm of kitless, and I'll probably go to sleep at night cursing you <LOL> wondering why it looks so easy coming from you!!!!

Woodlvr

I really like the bullet shape also. Ken I hope that you get a headache too:wink:
One of these days I hope to improve my pen turning enough to attempt a kit less pen.

Timebandit

Nice looking stuff. I think the best shot is the bottom one.

Thanks Chuck! Me to!

Great lookin work!

Thanks Mark!

Very nice. I really like that bullet shape you have given it.

Thanks! Im liking this shape to. This is also the slimmest pen that make to!

That might just be the favorite of your recent pens for me.

Very cool! Thanks!

Up close and in person I guarantee you all need to be jealous, this is my new desk pen.

Thanks Roy! I hope it serves you well!

Justin, you've done it again, and thanks for the information about the Bock nib in a Heritance feed. You are finally pushing me into the realm of kitless, and I'll probably go to sleep at night cursing you <LOL> wondering why it looks so easy coming from you!!!!

Thanks Ken! Dont give up! You can do this just the same as me! Im still a Newbee:biggrin:

Very nice pen. I know i'm jealous Roy got that nice pen.:biggrin:

Thanks! He wanted it:biggrin:

I really like the bullet shape also. Ken I hope that you get a headache too:wink:
One of these days I hope to improve my pen turning enough to attempt a kit less pen.

Thanks! We will see yours soon enough im sure!

Beautiful. Need to buy the tools to do this.

Thanks!

There are 3 main tools you will need for this(at least if you use my method) and you might already have all 3.

1) A variable speed wood Lathe(which you probably already have)
2) A woodchuck Penpro(easily attainable)
3)Desire(only you will know if you have this or not)

Other than that a few taps and dies and drill bits and you are good to go.

WOW... I have a new favorite. Nice job.

Thanks!! Looks like its a lot of peoples favorite!

wizard

Justin, Everytime you make a make a pen that I think is my all time favorite...you go and mess things up by making this beauty:biggrin:. Shame on you:biggrin:. It's gorgeous..I like the extent of the curvature on the front section. I think the pictures are great with the colors showing nicely. Regards, Doc

Timebandit

Justin, Everytime you make a make a pen that I think is my all time favorite...you go and mess things up by making this beauty:biggrin:. Shame on you:biggrin:. It's gorgeous..I like the extent of the curvature on the front section. I think the pictures are great with the colors showing nicely. Regards, Doc

Thanks Doc!! This was the first one i made with the #5 Bock feed and nib. The feeds are longer, so i had to extend the front section 1/8" in front and a little in the back as well. I like the way it turned out. I also like the feed units themselves. They only let the nib be pushed in the perfect amount. You cant screw it up. It also makes them look more like the #6 in length. And this one felt very good in the hands. I hope Roy will use it for many years to come. He is putting it through its paces now:biggrin: And im glad i found you a new favorite, and that the pics came out great. Its hard to tell how others will see them looking at my screen.

Timebandit

What do I have to do to get one of those?!?!!

HMM!!!....im sure we could figure something out:biggrin:

Truly a Craftsman. Beautiful.

Thanks John!!

Incredibly handsome.
Doug

Thanks Doug!!I really like this one!! To bad i had to give it away!:rolleyes:

SDB777

Was just wondering what the overall length is?
And how long the blank needed to be?

Great work getting those red line/swirls to come out in the photo....that is an amazing thing to do! And the pens shape......I'm not a pointy end guy, but you actually made it look good.

Scott (amazing work) B

Timebandit

I've been saving a black rose blank and wondering what it'll look like. Now I know--beautiful! That is one gorgeous pen!

Thanks!!! You should get to work making a pen from it!! Beautiful material!!

I dont know how I missed this thing. A lucky recipient there. Looks amazing in photos, some day maybe I will see one in person.

Phil

Thanks Phil!!! He loved it!!!

Was just wondering what the overall length is?
And how long the blank needed to be?

Great work getting those red line/swirls to come out in the photo....that is an amazing thing to do! And the pens shape......I'm not a pointy end guy, but you actually made it look good.

Scott (amazing work) B

Scott,

This pen is right at 6" capped. I believe the blank was around 8.5-9" long total.

The red lines were really had to get to stand out, so i am happy that you can see them as much as you can!!

Thanks again!!

Top Bottom