Black and Red Custom

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from drgoretex

drgoretex

Hello fellow pen makers,

Haven't posted in a bit, thought I'd put up a couple of pics of pen I just shipped out the fellow who ordered it. He wanted a pen like a Black and Yellow one I did some time ago but with red swirl acrylic instead of the yellow.

Well, any excuse to get out into the shop... :tongue:

IMG_7189.jpg

IMG_7186.jpg

IMG_7192.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,

Ken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turbowagon

Nice work, Ken! Black sure is a tough color to get a perfect finish on, but you nailed it! Wish I was the recipient of this beauty!

Andrew_K99

I can see the pictures, they are sourced on photobucket so it may be blocked for some people, a good reason to upload them here so they always work.

The pen turned out quite nice and I like the detail at the ends, I don't like that the threads are visible though.

AK

NotURMailman

I can see the pictures, they are sourced on photobucket so it may be blocked for some people, a good reason to upload them here so they always work.

The pen turned out quite nice and I like the detail at the ends, I don't like that the threads are visible though.

AK

That explains it, since I'm at work.

I'll be sure to take a look when I get home!

Last edited:

drgoretex

Thanks for comments and feedback!

AK

Absolutely gorgeous pen! Though, I'd have to agree with Andrew, I'd prefer not to see the threads...

Thanks! Actually, I don't really disagree about the threads. However, the material used was chosen by the buyer himself for this pen. In fact, while I would personally prefer a more opaque acrylic for the cap, the translucent nature of this stuff gives a rather cool effect as the pen is capped and uncapped - you can see the nib inside the cap. Anyhow, the new owner likes it, and that's what matters :)

Cheers,

Ken

Top Bottom