Black prickly pear cactus baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MesquiteMan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Here is a new prickly pear cactus pen I made this weekend. It is black dyed EnviroTex resin with a satin nickel Baron kit. The finish is CA and is very shiny, even though the pic does not really show it. Comments always welcome!

BlackPPbaron1.jpg

BlackPPbaron2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Curtis,
I must agree with Ed...those are some cool pens. And, you've become much better at doing these than when you first started. You've got a hit on your hands. Keep'em coming.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

That is an awesome blank, I really like how you found the potential in the fiberous features of that cactus. The pen really stands out as a one of a kind as well,...and yes, have you considered selling some of those blanks?
[;)][;)]

Efletche

Amazing! One of the ladies up the street has a couple of these cactus in her yard. I think I need to make a midnight run and get a couple pieces of it!

Dario

Originally posted by Efletche
<br />Amazing! One of the ladies up the street has a couple of these cactus in her yard. I think I need to make a midnight run and get a couple pieces of it!

Just remember...the new/young leaves won't work. You need the older leaves that turned into branches or the trunk itself. I did a post on what you may need when harvesting these babies...they do "bite" back. [;)]

BUT...as you can see on Curtis' posts, they are worth it! [8D]

Ryan

Wow[:0] I missed the last one but this if fantastic. It reminds me of Lace Shee-oak. I have to tell you I am not a fan of the satin finish pen kits. I can see now however that they do have their place. Great Job!!

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom