Black Pearl Modified Cigar pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldb2000

ldb2000

This is a Black Pearl homebrew on a Black Ti modified cigar pen . It is modified to be finial operated and show the most amount of the blank .
I made this blank and it is one of the nicest PR blanks I have ever made so I wanted to make the most of it but very few kit pens really allow you to use the max amount of the blank and although kitless pens use most of the blank there is always a chance of screwing it up and loosing the blank . Modified slimlines allow for the max use of a blank length wise but you have to turn away most of the blank so you loose the overall effect . I had made a finial operated cigar pen awhile back to help someone with a project they were working on and I thought this design would make max use of this blank . I think I was right , what do you think .

1_blackpearlmodcigar2.jpg
1_blackpearlmodcigar.jpg

As always , comments welcome .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

Thanks Steve .
Jeff , I'm so glad you had asked about modifying a cigar pen , I love these things . They are just too cool and they really show off the blank .

Ohhhhhhhhh man..................thats just the bees knees of pens.I love the cigar pen style but that one takes the cake. Well done........send it to me for my Birthday!!! hahahhaa

TBone

Good looking blank and I like this version far better than the normal cigar pen. But I think this needs an article in the library to be perfect. :biggrin:

ldb2000

Thanks for the kind words everyone . Sorry for the background but these photos are going to go up on my website so I am trying to keep them all the same so that all the photos are consistent across the site .
I will explain how I make these pens in a later post , yes maybe even a tutorial but since I am using some unorthodox methods I have to figure out how to write it up first so that it will be understandable .
The blank was just dumb luck . Everything came together perfectly and I ended up with a one of a kind blank , although I'm still gonna try to do it again .

Top Bottom