black pearl acrylic/chrome&satin sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sparhawk

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparhawk

Chrome and satin sierra with a black and pearl acrylic from woodcraft. One of the old woodcraft blanks. Had a hell of a time with painting the blank. Had started off using aluminum color paint hoping for a lighter color. After turning the first blank i noticed some brass color showing through. Also loked like some piling up of aluminum paint under the blank. Tryed again and let the blank sit for a couple of days and when i went to mill the ends it spun and the tube started to come out the other side, so i removed the old tube, prepped and painted another(with my gloss black paint this time)and viola! here it is.Dont know why the aluminum paint wouldnt stick but have done quite a few acrylics and not had any problem with the paint or tubes messing up. Any ideas welcome.P.S.-i used two part epoxy-the only thing i use to glue tubes in.

200711651039_blkprlsierra%20post.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
John,

Those kits are a Beartoothwoods.com exclusive plating option. They are available in copper as well. I have some, and they really look great, as Hugo shows in this picture. I will try to get off my lazy tail and post some pix of the other options tonight.

sparhawk

Thanks everyone, I do like that combination plating as well as the copper, but my favorite one that i have yet to buy(cabt decice on a blank good enough for it ) is the blackTi/ platinum finish. One of the best looking kits there is in my opinion. And yes i bought it at beartoothwoods but didnt know it was exclusively thiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom