Black Palm Slim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Seer

Seer

I was told that this was Black Palm and with the help of some of you I actually turned it and finished it to better than I thought I could. With the help of CA and headaches from the fumes I did not chip or damage it and was thrilled with the outcome. LOML was in awe which was amazing.
Let me know what you all think and I wish my photography was better but I could not wait to post it here. Comments are more than welcome.

Attachments

• BlackPalm1.jpg
    BlackPalm1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 214
  • BlackPalm2.jpg
    BlackPalm2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 167
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DurocShark

I've looked at the black palm in the store and always put it back. I kept thinking I'd have to use my 80 grit gouge to turn it without it splintering all over the place.

Seer

One of the things I did do that I think helped was to round it off on my sander so there were no edges. I got the idea from a segmented pen tutorial on this site. I had the same problem with monkeypod as well and after pretty much rounding off alot of it and some ca it seemed to hold together very well. I started turning it in the morning and after several delays waiting for the ca to harden it was worth the end result.

Top Bottom