Black palm pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from low_48

Status
Not open for further replies.

low_48

Turn slow and with only the skew. This stuff would just love to blow out if a gouge even showed itself on the bench next to the lathe!

Image Insert:
20041032118_black_palm_pen.jpg

65.57KB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Great job with a difficult "wood". Black and Red palm are both like that, due to the fact that they are not true "woods", but grasses. I used the dishwashing liquid method of stabilizing some red. The unstabilized blew out nearly half the time...the stabilized never blew out. Just thought I'd share that. [8D]

low_48

Sorry Chuck, I'm trying to get everything sorted out as I cut up the burls into blanks. I've got several people waiting. Then I went to the tree burial ground and found some spectacular soft maple burl. I've been cutting and trimming the burls from it. So much wood, so little time.

C_Ludwigsen

I do understand, Low. I had to pass on a Maple just around the corner from me for various reasons. Just let me know. Shoot me an email if you get a chance and let me know what a 6"x6"x4" piece of the Osange Orange Burl weighs. That way I can budget.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Bev Polmanteer
<br />Please explain your stabelizing with dish soap.
Check out this post, Bev. [8D] http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1257&SearchTerms=dishwashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom