BLack Palm with Antler CB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from soligen

soligen

This pen casued me some grief, but here is the result.

Attachments

• IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 255
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

I really like the grain of that. The clip seems over sized for the pen, but might just be the angle of the photo. I personally have not worked with Palm yet but am thinking about it.

ldb2000

Great job Dennis , that CB contrasts nicely with the black palm . It looks so much better then a stock kit . Nice transitions too , it looks like a part of the pen not something just thrown on as an after thought .

jskeen

Yep, good combination for sure. Gotta watch out when turning to leave enough material for sanding without going below the bushings. Remember Sanding is removing material, just like using a skew, usually just in thinner layers. the finer the grit, the thinner the layer of material removed, but it's still going to get smaller every time :) Took me a while to train myself to remember that too. Another thing, it's much easier to keep a blank straight, or a curve true with a turning tool than it is with sandpaper. So the less you have to sand, the better the end result usually is.

SDB777

Black Palm is my arch enemy!!!

Glad yours came out for you, sure like the way it looks!

Scott (wierd clip....is it big for the kit) B

soligen

Buyer??? hehe - I've never sold a pen. This is only my 7th or 8th pen. Maybe a dozen if you count pencil kits.

This will be a gift for my father in law. I used the money he gave me for my birthday to buy the pen turning starter kit, and his birthday is in a couple weeks.

So, yes, he will know it is anlter because I will tell him :D. Its from a deer I shot in 2003 (lol my kill tag was still on the antler)

Top Bottom