black palm

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lyonsacc

lyonsacc

I was fortunate enough to win the Cactus Juice stabilizing system from TurnTex during the BASH.

One of the blanks in my first batch was Black Palm. I have tried black palm twice in the past and it turned to dust on me both times. Now with some stabilized it held together wonderfully! It is on a Platinum Cuban (Cigar). Sorry the pics aren't the greatest - overcast weather, so I can't get outside to take some better ones. Comments always welcome!

Dave
4-30-14 072.jpg

4-30-14 066.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lyonsacc

Thanks for the positive comments. I've always liked the look of black palm. I've ordered some more cactus juice, going to try to color one next.

I am stuck for now not able to turn - my main carbide cutter has been mailed away to get fixed. So, working on some other projects around the house.

Dave

keithbyrd

Black palm is really nice but sooo difficult to keep from blowing up! I think I am 2 for 6! Light cuts and lots of thin CA is what worked on the two I did successfully!
I have some red palm that I am getting ready to try - hopefully not as bad as the black .
You did a great job on the pen - it looks really good!

OZturner

Wow and Wow, Dave,
1st on winning the Cactus Juice stabilizing system from TurnTex during the BASH.
2nd on the Black Palm Blank, Fantastic.
Beautiful Pen, Superb Fit and Finish.
Congratulations all round.
Brian.

Top Bottom