Black Opal Custom

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Yet one more fresh off the lathe. This one I'm VERY happy with. The pics just don't do it justice so I shot a couple 30sec videos that I'm hoping to embed. Hopefully I remember how to do it.

So I was experimenting with some alumilite and came up with this blank. It turned and threaded very well. However, I did end up needing to apply a CA finish in the end to really bring out the opalescent look. It's another clipless design.

Almost forgot the specs!

Dimensions

Overall Length: 5 1/2"
Cap Length: 2 3/4"
Body Length: 4 3/4"

Threads

Cap/Body: 14x.75mm Single Start
Section/Body: 10x1mm

Nib

#6 Heritance

DSC04532 (605x700).jpg DSC04536 (606x700).jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Hopefully the videos work!

Ok so I can't remember how to do the embed so here are the links:

00033 - YouTube

00034 - YouTube

Here are the embedded videos

[ytmini]B2nO6Sx-o1w[/ytmini]

[ytmini]NKwjQaWMif8[/ytmini]

Here's what the code looks like to embed:

[ytmini]B2nO6Sx-o1w[/ytmini]

[ytmini]NKwjQaWMif8[/ytmini]

Last edited by a moderator:

BSea

That is too cool Jonathon. Is that the $50 blank you were telling me about? If so, then your secrets safe with me. If not, then your secrets safe with you.:tongue:

Brooks803

Thanks for the kind words everyone! This one is really hard to put down. You get caught up spinning it around your hand.

That is too cool Jonathon. Is that the $50 blank you were telling me about? If so, then your secrets safe with me. If not, then your secrets safe with you.:tongue:

Thanks Bob. Nope this isn't the $50 blank...close with the expense of the material but not to bad. I was able to get 4 9" blanks out of it all. Still not cost effective!

Jonathan - I edited your post to show the video thumbnails.

Thanks Jeff! I know there's a post from 2010 that gave a step by step on how to do it but after a couple hours of searching I gave up :bulgy-eyes:

Top Bottom