Black Mother Of Pearl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Hi

A client of mine wanted something black for her husband, but with a bit of eye catching quality in the light.

She choose the BMOP Tru Stone for the pen, here is the result.

IMG_9574.jpg

IMG_9576.jpg

IMG_9575.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

WOW, that's deep! I love the reflective values of this blank and the kit truly does it justice!

PenMan1

Jim:
The mosaic pen looks good, but I REALLY like this one! This is one of the rare material selections I have seen that does an excellent job of "deemphasing" that black ring at the center of the Cambridge. IMHO, the Cambridge is one of the best balanced sets available, but I constantly struggle with "that ring".

You knocked it out of the park on this effort. Excellent fit and finish, great materials selection. A pen that anyone should be proud to carry.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

That is a nice blank and good choice of kits. That is a winner for sure. That is the way I like to see high end kits turned, no extra bulges. You don't see the top name companies adding bulbous bulges. Thanks for showing.

Last edited:

burgerman

Beautiful pen Jim!

May I ask if you painted either the tubes, or the inside of the blank, and if so, what color?

Thanks,

That is a nice blank and good choice of kits. That is a winner for sure. That is the way I like to see high end kits turned, no extra bulges. You don't see the top name companies adding bulbous bulges. Thanks for showing.

Thanks John,

The clip shape really defines the amount of body shape you can enhance with, this is a straight clip and a straight body looks best to my eye.

Jim:
The mosaic pen looks good, but I REALLY like this one! This is one of the rare material selections I have seen that does an excellent job of "deemphasing" that black ring at the center of the Cambridge. IMHO, the Cambridge is one of the best balanced sets available, but I constantly struggle with "that ring".

You knocked it out of the park on this effort. Excellent fit and finish, great materials selection. A pen that anyone should be proud to carry.

Thank you very much.

The Black Ring, ugh, what can I say, when I ask some friends, most say they don't even notice it, it always assaults my eye.

S.A.Mappin

Jim , beautiful pen, I think the black titanium/rhodium Cambridge may have added a little more to it, but its awesome nonetheless.

Very quality!!!

Top Bottom