Black MOP Zen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldb2000

ldb2000

This is my first attempt at casting shells , it's Black Mother of Pearl on a Black Ti Zen .
As a first try I think it came out rather well , but there are a few bubbles and a couple of the shell strips did crack while I was putting them on the tube (it's ok the LOML has already claimed this one , bubbles and all).
Next time I'm going to paint the tube with resin first to help with the bubbles and air spaces between the strips .
Thanks for looking
Comments as always are welcome
BMOPzenopen.jpg

BMOPzen.jpg

This stuff is hard to get a good picture of and it would have helped if I had put the right pics up....sorry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

That's a tough pen to see/judge with those photo's. I like the octagon stlye you made. I just can't see the details of the shells. If I didn't know what it is, I'd think it was a spray painted tube cast in resin. Maybe your camera is focusing more on the background than the pen. It does look great regardless, so don't get me wrong there.

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
The lower image gives a much better feel for what I imagine it really looks like. I like the concept and suspect that it was hard to cut the shell cleanly and do the glue up.

If this first try (which is great) is any indication, you will really make something outstanding fairly quickly.

bitshird

thats a great pen, I don't really like the Zen but your's is very nice, and it's hard to capture the shimmer effect of any pearlescent shell, I used to drive photographers crazy trying to capture the effect on MOP, Black MOP and Gold lip set in sterling, ;);)

Top Bottom