The black knight slimline pencil!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CharlesH

CharlesH

Hey guys,

Been a while I turned a pen and I went the easiest way possible, so no wood! I think it looks nice for plastic slimline.

Frankly, I hate slimlines and I am not fond of acrylic, I have turned only a few and I find that those blanks are sketchy, you have to be really cautious. I was able to capture the chatoyance of the material which is rewarding! :)

Thanks for looking and clicky the thumbnail,

Charles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CaptG

That is a great looking pen. That pen will sell fast. I personally think the slim line is way under rated. I sell a good number of them.

seamus7227

Wow, havent seen you around in awhile and this is how you come back around! that has to be the best looking presentation yet that I have seen you do! Fantastic work all around. thanks for sharing. Hope everything has been going well for you and your family!

CharlesH

seamus7227 said:
Wow, havent seen you around in awhile and this is how you come back around! that has to be the best looking presentation yet that I have seen you do! Fantastic work all around. thanks for sharing. Hope everything has been going well for you and your family!

Hey thanks for the kind words! Working my ass off and completing that master degree. This summer I wanna turn a few and make a nice coffee table with that buckeye slab I have here! I don't even think I remember how to do a CA finish. Seriously, I can't make a ca finish without being in the right state of mind, it's like golf, some days you can't play. :p

Charles

Sent from my iTouch.

robutacion

Hey Charles, have been a while, mate...!

Now, that is a pretty pen and as always, your pics are phenomenal...!:rolleyes:

I just read that you have been working hard studying, and I wish you the best of luck with it...!:biggrin:

Hopping to see so Aussie blanks "transformed", soon...!:wink::)

Cheers
George

bitshird

Nice pen Charles, Great blank and the fit looks spot on. Acrylics aren't so bad, you did a great job with a lowly slimline. Which is still the most versatile set of components around!!

PenPal

Charles,

Just shows how hate can change when predudice is carefully examined, in some cases led by fear of criticism (another cheap kit etc deserves an expensive bling) and so on.

Happily I dont hate Slims and find your choice of blank selective and totally rewarding. The
comments re finish , picture quality even the reverential use of a gloved hand allow us to view up close and personal a beautiful pen.

Thank you for overcoming your fear.

Kind regards Peter.

CharlesH

Thanks Peter! :)

Charles

Charles,

Just shows how hate can change when predudice is carefully examined, in some cases led by fear of criticism (another cheap kit etc deserves an expensive bling) and so on.

Happily I dont hate Slims and find your choice of blank selective and totally rewarding. The
comments re finish , picture quality even the reverential use of a gloved hand allow us to view up close and personal a beautiful pen.

Thank you for overcoming your fear.

Kind regards Peter.

Top Bottom