Black Hole Sun

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DestinTurnings

Made this pen from paduak, dyed black veneer, and holographic PR that I made. It's impossible to see the flakes in the photo of the PR but it sparkles in person. I also turned a finial out of the PR to match the "sun".

CA finish.

Attachments

• P29a.jpg
    P29a.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 282
  • P29b.jpg
    P29b.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 323
  • P29c.jpg
    P29c.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 259
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Very nice. I like a good funky out of the ordinary segmented pen. Makes me want to go out in the garage at 10:40 PM and make one.

HAHA....That's exactly what I did. Been a while since I have turned a wood pen and just didn't want to make something "ordinary".

Took a lot longer than I thought since I had no bushings. Ended up making some quickies out of some oak and turned between centers.

I used black holo powdercoat powder from Columbia Coatings in the PR. The one stick I made looks amazing in flourescent light.

Yeah....I was playing it earlier on rockband with the kids. This was going to be a red resin in maple with aluminum "rays" but since I didn't have the color of red I wanted and the maple I had handy was plain hard maple, I went with the red paduak and black resin as the sun. Figured it was appropriate name since the "sun" warps around the blank.

Top Bottom