Black Heart Mango on El Grande

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from G1Pens

G1Pens

This is a El Grande Platinum Ball Point dressed in Hawiian Black Heart Mango. Finish is CA. MM12000 & Buff.

This was my first El Grande. I thought I had roller balls, but apparently I have ballpoints. Still, it is nice. It is a big pen but not very heavy with this mango on it. It is a very nice piece of wood and I am happy with the way it came out.

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• IMG_6224a-web.jpg
    IMG_6224a-web.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 204
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

I don't think it's boring at all. I don't really care for the El Grande, but that's me. I do like the wood. And it looks like excellent workmanship And for the record, this is the 1st time I viewed the thread.:wink: I do think there are the people that post comments, and others that just look. Then there are those that look at work, and comment later.

Having said that, I was just thinking last night how much more it takes to impress me than it did just a few months ago. I'm sure it's that way with many of us on the forum. I now can show a pen to somebody that's seeing these kinds pens for the 1st time, and a regular grained pen generates "OOOOHS & AAAAHS". Where now I would hardly give it a 2nd glance. Plus, as we all know by now, pictures rarely do our pens justice. It's just hard (for me anyway) to capture the depth & shine in a photo.

Drstrangefart

I love the mango, the first piece I tried I kinda mangled (sorry, Lee!). I have a second piece (thanks Lee!) and I'm probably gonna give it a shot once I figure out what I wanna do with it. It looks great on the El Grande.

dtswebb

Nope, sure not a boring pen or poor choice of wood. The craftsmanship looks great.

I'm partial to the El Grande ballpoint because of my big mitts. I'm carrying one I made out of cocobolo (some of jgerst's, which is great wood to work with) on a TI gold kit and won't part with it. The El Grande is a large diameter but light pen.

Matthew

Top Bottom