Black Hawk Down

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from plantman

plantman

This is the 30 Caliber Bolt Action Cartridge Pen by PSI. It is in the new Black Enamel finish, Gun Metal trim, and an Urban Camo blank. MM to 12,000 followed by a polish with One-Step Plastic Polish. The black Enamel has a dull finish, and makes a very impressive looking pen. Ji S

Attachments

• DSCF0001 (292x640).jpg
    DSCF0001 (292x640).jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 286
  • DSCF0002 (294x640).jpg
    DSCF0002 (294x640).jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 268
  • DSCF0003 (273x640).jpg
    DSCF0003 (273x640).jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 189
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

All of the pens look great. I agree that the black enamel looks very impressive. However, I have all but sworn it off. It seems like if I just look at it the wrong way that it starts to wear off. I hope the black enamel holds up better for you than what I have experienced.

plantman

:eek: Stan; This is a brand new pen I just took out of the package today, it was deliverd yesterday. I already had the blank turned, so I didn't have to handle it very much. After reading your reply, I took a closer look at it. I can see in several places where the brass is showing through on the sharp edges already, and that's with no use what so ever yet !! It's not wearing, it's just poor finishing !!! Thanks for the warning, this one will stay on my desk. Jim S

Last edited:

betwisted

:(
I just ordered the starter kit from those guys then a black enamel just so I could make them in each finish...
I wonder if there is something like a spray epoxy which would go on thin and smooth to help protect the finish
maybe a black enamel paint to redo the finish if it's bad
Joe

Last edited:

PeetyInMich

FWIW I have several of these pens in various finishes "out in the field" with co-workers and the finishes have been durable, one fellow with the gold actually praised the durability and the black enamel pens seem to "patina" more than wear. I did however have to repair a black enamel that the bullet nosed front section came loose from the pressed in coupler which resulted in the bullet tip, the metal front section and the spring "firing" from them pen occasionally. The chrome and gun metal have not shown appreciable wear.

plantman

:(
I just ordered the starter kit from those guys then a black enamel just so I could make them in each finish...
I wonder if there is something like a spray epoxy which would go on thin and smooth to help protect the finish
maybe a black enamel paint to redo the finish if it's bad
Joe

Joe; The problem with painting something is that any sharp edges will always have a thiner coat than the rest of the object. The only way to overcome this problem is to powder coat it. In powder coating the negitive charge holds the powder to the object, and when it's baked, it bonds into one solid coating. Look in the library for methods on how to power coat. Jim S

I have to say that I like the color of the kit with this blank. I hope they don't end up having trouble with this finish. It is really a dramatic look.

Top Bottom