Black Gold

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DCBluesman

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
This was part of the group buy from Mike Kogan.

200812011324_BlackGoldMokumeGane.jpg

Thank you for looking and particularly for those who take the time to comment. [8D]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Lou,you did a great job on that Black/Gold,but we expect that from you.One question any pin holes in the blank?

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thank you all for the kind and generous words. While the pricing on these blanks is still a bit on the absurd side, it does make a distinctive pen which looks better in person than my photographs show...but then, what doesn't? There were no pinholes or other imperfections in the blank. Mike and his crew have really gotten this down to a science. Again, thank you for your encouragement.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Looks pretty good from here Lou. Have you tried the Damascus one yet?
I now want to try both this and the Damascus, but like Gerry, I'm not 100% sure yet. I think I remember Mike saying there is a lot of metal in the process? But I think some of the pro PR folks like Dawn could probably mix something like that. This one does look like a nice piece of wood with a wild grain though.:D

bitshird

Lou, that is an extraordinary pen, of course any thing less from you would be unnatural, I’m glad to hear their blanks are getting better, I’d like to try one pretty soon.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks, again, friends. The kit is, indeed, black titanium. And Steven, I have not tried the damascus at this point. I have another of the MG which I will try to photograph tonight. I have no doubt that the PR Princess can make something similar...she's got the magic touch. As for the quality, this second batch seems to be perfect. [8D]

wjskip

Great looking pen. Did the blank you used look like the one in the group buy? I expected the finished product to be more black with gold highlights than the other way arround.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks Karl, Joe and Bill. The blank DID look like the one in the group buy. The gold to black ratio seems to vary quite a bit. Same with the Mokume Gane copper and gray.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks John, Ozzy and John! BTW, the pen is resting on what I think is UHMW plastic. (Unless it's HDPE. How's a bean counter suppose to know the difference?) [8D]

Top Bottom