Black ebonite fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jalbert

jalbert

I thought I'd try a somewhat more reserved pen than I usually make. Black Japanese ebonite with nickel silver bands, cabchons, and hand made clip. It has a 14k two tone ruthenium/rhodium plated nib, and is filled via piston mechanism. I had planned on making a matching rollerball to go with it, and both will serve as my "job interview" pens, as I am in the process of starting my professional career.

Attachments

• ebonite.jpg
    ebonite.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 271
  • ebonite3.jpg
    ebonite3.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 275
  • ebonite4.jpg
    ebonite4.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 197
  • ebonite7.jpg
    ebonite7.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 218
  • ebonite6.jpg
    ebonite6.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 220
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

You show yet another very nice pen...should serve you well as you pursue your career. Your profile says "student". What do you want to be when you grow up? :biggrin:

jalbert

You show yet another very nice pen...should serve you well as you pursue your career. Your profile says "student". What do you want to be when you grow up? :biggrin:

Thanks! I just graduated with my master of science in economics, so I'm looking for an economist position or other related analytical type job.

Gosh that's so much more than a good looking pen! All the details are there. The metal and the ebonite are in perfect balance. The fit and finish seem perfect (just look at the clean threads and the seamless reflection where different materials meet). If it's as nice in the hand as it is on the eye, you have a winner.

OZturner

Incredible Pen, John.
As Every Woman Needs a Black Dress, then Every Man Needs a Black Pen.
As many have already said "Classy".
The Elegant Combination of Black and Silver is never more Profound, than in a Quality Pen.
Superb Material Choices, and Craftsmanship, Glorious Profile and Proportions.
You have Nailed It!
Can't wait to see it's Cousin, "The Roller Ball".
Congratulations,
Brian.

jalbert

John you have taken something so basic and made it awe inspiring.
:biggrin:

Thanks Rob!

That's a very classy looking pen, well done.

Thanks Ironwood!

Gosh that's so much more than a good looking pen! All the details are there. The metal and the ebonite are in perfect balance. The fit and finish seem perfect (just look at the clean threads and the seamless reflection where different materials meet). If it's as nice in the hand as it is on the eye, you have a winner.

Thanks Ted! I find it very comfortable to hold. I may be biased though ;)

Man that's beautiful!

Thanks Steels!

Incredible Pen, John.
As Every Woman Needs a Black Dress, then Every Man Needs a Black Pen.
As many have already said "Classy".
The Elegant Combination of Black and Silver is never more Profound, than in a Quality Pen.
Superb Material Choices, and Craftsmanship, Glorious Profile and Proportions.
You have Nailed It!
Can't wait to see it's Cousin, "The Roller Ball".
Congratulations,
Brian.

Thanks Brian! Black and silver are two of my favorites. Hopefully I'll have its cousin done soon!

Top Bottom