Black Diamond Cholla

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buzzzz4

Buzzzz4

Thanks to a few others, I was able to get some Cholla cactus. This one was cast with black and white diamond resin to give some shimmer to the black. Finished with CA. Also, tried these pics with my phone to see how they would turn out. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110927_090352.png
    ForumRunner_20110927_090352.png
    517.6 KB · Views: 270
  • ForumRunner_20110927_090406.png
    ForumRunner_20110927_090406.png
    560.1 KB · Views: 272
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

Thank you for the kind comments. I find when I write with it, the ink refill clicks at the tip. I stretched out the spring and turned around the spring. No real fix. Any ideas?

sbell111

Thank you for the kind comments. I find when I write with it, the ink refill clicks at the tip. I stretched out the spring and turned around the spring. No real fix. Any ideas?

Are you using the kit's original refill, or did you swap it with an upgraded one?

sbell111

I'm using the original, but will try an upgrade. That was my next thought.

The reason that I asked is because the dimensions between the different parker-like refills are not always the same. Very typically, for instance, I need to enlarge the hole in the tip slightly to allow gel refills to be used.

I would do two things to diagnose the issue. First, remove the tip and insert the cartridge into it without a spring. If it drags at all, ream out the hole slightly. Second, remove the mechanism and seat the cartridge into it. Does the cartridge easily seat fully into the mechanism, or do you have to fiddle with it to get it in? Twist the mechanism. Does it work smoothly, or does it seem to have a catch? If it isn't smoothly operating or the refill doesn't easily seat into it, swap it out with a different mechanism to see if the problem doesn't resolve.

Top Bottom