black chrome and bamboo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from edstreet

Status
Not open for further replies.

edstreet

This is a slimline black chrome twist pen with bamboo I just made. This if my first bamboo pen and I know there will be plenty more, I love this stuff. I am thinking about finding some bamboo shoots and using that but not turn it at all, just drill, cut and glue.

IMG_4349.JPG

I do not have the soft grip glued yet, it's just sitting there and can be pulled off.

Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edstreet

it was somewhat hard yes. Once i got the round shape my chisels were dull so I switched to 60grit cloth sandpaper :) Only bad thing I have to say about this is it's laminated (so they say) which means nasty stuff on it. Good respirator (have one) works wonder on this.

Ed

Jamie

I have a piece of bamboo I got when it first came out. Never used it. Your pen looks very nice -so- I think I'll dig it out and do something with it. Thanks for sharing your pen and reminding me of the bamboo.

edstreet

call me crazy but when I was going over the catalog I found the black chrome series and immediately saw bamboo on it, so I ordered some and made it. In most cases if I can see the final product I can make it. If I cant see it then it almost always turns out looking like hammered crap.

Ed

Stevej72

I like the looks of that pen. I ordered a bamboo blank some time ago and haven't turned it yet, also have a bamboo cutting board, I guess I'll have to try them next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom