Black Cherry Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LanceD

Status
Not open for further replies.

LanceD

Closed end Black Cherry Burl. TI Gold Baron fountain pen. They were done a little shorter than I normally turn them at the request of the customer. Comments are welcome.

Thanks,Lance

200626231651_blackcherryburl.jpg

200626231711_blackcherryburlII.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Great Work Lance!

I have been rounding my ends, I lik eyour design as well.

Can I ask how deep do you drill into the pen body, do you make it so that it can also be configured at as roller ball?

Again, wonderful wood and a great form,

Ravenbsp

Nice design and excellent work, Lance. Did you have to do any fill-in work on the burl? It looks cracked in one place. I'm not criticizing at all, if anything, it adds to the over all character of the wood and your craftemanship.

Bryan Poe
Houston, TX

LanceD

Originally posted by Jim in Oakville
<br />Great Work Lance!

I have been rounding my ends, I lik eyour design as well.

Can I ask how deep do you drill into the pen body, do you make it so that it can also be configured at as roller ball?

Again, wonderful wood and a great form,

Jim, thank you. I drilled the tube 2 1/4" for the shorter fountain pen but didn't drill extra for the spring for the rollerball. Normally I do because I make way more rollerballs than fountain pens. There was only enough room for the ink cartridge.
Fangar had posted an instructional diagram some time back listing the lengths to drill the blanks for the rollerball, so I have been using that as a guide.

Lance

LanceD

Originally posted by Ravenbsp
<br />Nice design and excellent work, Lance. Did you have to do any fill-in work on the burl? It looks cracked in one place. I'm not criticizing at all, if anything, it adds to the over all character of the wood and your craftemanship.

Bryan Poe
Houston, TX

Thanks, Bryan. No there wasn't any cracks in the wood, just the dark lines. The only filling I done was with a CA slurry after sanding with 220 grit paper.

Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom