Black Cherry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
One of my old neighbors cut down a tree in his yard last year , and I told him I would make him a pen for one of the logs he had cut . This is a piece of it . He told me it was a Black Cherry tree . I wouldn't know the difference , but I like it . You can see a little sapwood in it . I put it on a Gold Ti Jr. Gent II RB . Thanks for looking .

Attachments

• IMG_0485.jpg
    IMG_0485.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_0487.JPG
    IMG_0487.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_0488.JPG
    IMG_0488.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 309

fernhills

Cherry although plain really looks elegant in a pen. A lot of people like cherry who no nothing about wood, but associate it with a tree that was in their back yard. Your your pen is just beautiful. Carl

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Nice work, Chuck! I particularly like the grain in the second photo.
Thanks Cav ! It was unfortunate that alot of the sapwood got turned away . It was a very nice looking blank before turning . But still , not a bad looking grain . I think the owner will be pleased with it .

L1Truckie

Thats a beautiful pen, Im not one that likes a gold finish at all, it "dates" the pens to much for me...but I must say, maybe its the cherry...but it adds a certain warmth to it! One of the few golds I really like :) I would buy it :) And a good story behind it to :)

...On a side note....your name reminds me of a cousin of mine. His name is Al and has a beautiful El-Camino....we all of course call it the Al-Camino....

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks all ! Levi , I seldom use gold kits myself . But I got some of these from a member who was thinning out his stock . Cool story about the Al-camino . My nephew named this one for me about 18 years ago , and it has stuck . Thanks for the compliment on the pen .

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
That looks great.
You can also throw that sucker on the windowsill in the sun and it will
darken and you'll get a deeper color. Cherry is great like that.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
That looks great.
You can also throw that sucker on the windowsill in the sun and it will
darken and you'll get a deeper color. Cherry is great like that.
Now THAT is a good piece of information . Thanks ! I was thinking it would be nicer if it was a little darker . We shall see . Although , it may be some time before we see any sunshine around here .:rolleyes: THANKS cHARLIE !

Thanks Cris ! Glad you approve ! :biggrin:

dustmaker

That is one very attractive pen. I like seeing those made from local wood and yours came out very well. One I would be proud to carry.

rej19

Chuck, I can darken the pen up for you. It's a secret technique that takes years. Send it over and I will get started.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck, I can darken the pen up for you. It's a secret technique that takes years. Send it over and I will get started.
That would be so good of you to do that for me Ron . :wink: Go out and stand by the mail box , and let me know when it gets there . :biggrin::tongue:

BigShed

That's a good looking pen there Charles, love the look of the gold titanium with that lovely Black Cherry.

Job well done, he should be happy with that.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
That's a good looking pen there Charles, love the look of the gold titanium with that lovely Black Cherry.

Job well done, he should be happy with that.
Thank you kindly Fred ! The pen will be delivered today , and we will see how well it is received . :confused:

JohnU

Love the pen Chuck! Nice color in that log. I get many of my blanks from self cut logs. Its a little extra work but often holds great suprises. Your finish looks top notch too!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Love the pen Chuck! Nice color in that log. I get many of my blanks from self cut logs. Its a little extra work but often holds great suprises. Your finish looks top notch too!
Thank you John ! I could see the color in the end of the logs as they lay on the ground . You're right about the surprises .

Top Bottom