Black cactus sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MesquiteMan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Here is a quick pic of a black cactus sierra I made recently. Some members that have bought blanks from me have asked to see pics of a cactus pen made with black resin rather than clear resin with black tubes. It is a different look without the 3-d elements but is a lot less trouble since you don't have to deal with the tube coloring. To me it is a little more elegant. What to your think?

2006111842340_Black%20cactus%20sierra.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kf4knf

Mesq, very nice work. I wish I could get into the cactus work but we really dont have many ears large enough here in North Central CO. I bet it would also look nice in something other than black. I have learned not to combine like colors like black on black. Sometimes that can make it look funny.

Your pen has enought cactus to draw attention away from this. Again, very nice work!

TBone

I like it Curtis, can't wait to try it. But I'm gonna resist turning those I got from you until I get a bit more experience. Those are earmarked for personal pens [:D]

gerryr

Well, as usual, it looks very nice, but the 3D effect of coloring the inside of the blank is what really makes these things pop. Plus, if you're casting your own, you only need to mix up clear resin and then color with whatever you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom