Black & Blue FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
The black parts are alumilite from Johnathon Brooks (brooks803) I've had the blue blank so long I can't remember what it's made of. The nib is a #5 Heritance from Roy at Classicnibs.com I used a Sterling Silver band on the lower barrel finial. The band on the cap is aluminum insert with triple start threads. I'm working on making those from silver ....someday :rolleyes: Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_1493.jpg
    IMG_1493.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_1494.jpg
    IMG_1494.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_1495.JPG
    IMG_1495.JPG
    201 KB · Views: 206
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Robert111

That's an Amedeo blue blank from Exotic Blanks I believe. Beautiful work Chuck, as always. Nice serious shape--kinda Duofold--and a very appealing use of color with the black alumilite and blue Amedeo. The bands are perfect with this pen.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Looks awesome Chuck!!
Thanks Ernie!

That's an Amedeo blue blank from Exotic Blanks I believe. Beautiful work Chuck, as always. Nice serious shape--kinda Duofold--and a very appealing use of color with the black alumilite and blue Amedeo. The bands are perfect with this pen.
Thanks for the compliment, and ID Robert. This was a left over piece from another pen I made some time ago. Glad you like it.

Very stylish Chuck, love the aluminium accent bands. finishes it off nicely
Thanks Brad.

Nice balance on the cap-to-body/section length. Looks like it just 'melts' together perfectly!

Scott (t'is purty) B
Thank you Scott. Always looking to improve.

Really stylish Chuck. I like the length of the section which should make it very comfortable to write with.
Thanks Twissy! The section does have a good feel.

Chuck,
Looks great. How did you like turning the alumilite vs. the acrylic? I like the pen, It's go some class to it.
Thanks Cris. The alumilite turns and threads nicely. I've found the PR tends to chip and crumble, which is a shame, because I have some very nice looking blanks from friends. Tried to carefully cut threads on, but no success yet.

How did the blue material take threads? I have a piece of that I've been saving for a kitless.
Thank you very much! This blue stuff turns and cuts threads real nicely. Although, if you don't pay attention, you can sand the threads off. :redface: Take a close look at this pen for proof.:biggrin:

jmbaker79

Looks awesome, as always! Great job Chuck! I agree on the Ameado Identification, and it is lovely stuff to turn!

Top Bottom