Black and Blue amongst a Few...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangar

Had some time today to spin off a few pens. This time, I set up and took a few photos using a make shift background, before I deliver them to their owners.

This first is an acrylic blue / black swirl with a black chrome kit. Micro Meshed to 12000, and finished with Hut Plastic polish:

blue.jpg

Next is zebra with a gold kit. I had a nice board and cut some quarter sawn blanks out of it. Woodturner's finish :

zebra.jpg

Finally, is a Red Mallee Burl with a Chrome kit. I really liked turing this wood. This one is BLO / CA finished:

mallee.jpg

Hope you like them.

James

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fangar

Thanks guys...

I like the Mallee too. I sure like the way the Acrylic finishes up so easy. The mallee was very easy to work with. A few very small checks, in the burl, but sealed right up with the CA.

Cheers,

James

Nice job on the trio. I am partial to the wood ones. Nice job on the finish and photos as well. I often times have the optical allusion of the pen looking "bent" when I lean it on something like you did, I hate that, but yours look really good.

Gary Max

Great Job on the pens---I can't make my mind up--so I would be proud to own any of the three. Thanks for taking the time to share with us.[8D]

wayneis

James they all look nice but where did you get that acrylic? That looks real good with the black fittings, excellent choise. I would have a hard time picking a favorite.

Wayne

Fangar

Thank you all.

I would have to say that I am partial to the pens made of wood myself. The photos came out better than others I have taken. Still a make shift setup. Actually, If you look closely, there is engraving on the piece of marble. It is a piece of the exterior wall of the world trade center that was given to me by my father in law who was a USAR leader during the september 11th event. He had the piece engraved for me.

Wayne,

The acrylic was a piece that I found at my local WoodCraft store yesterday. I ordered a fe from Bill B. at Arizona Silhouette that should be arriving soon too. Like I said, I prefer the wood, but some customer's like the acrylic.

Thanks again,

James

dubdrvrkev

Good looking pens. I really like the bottom one.
I am partial to wood pens myself although the acrylics look very nice. I still consider myself a woodworker so I'll stick to doing wood pens.

Tropical

Very fine work. Great looking pen. For some reason my browser couldn't view the first two pens. I got a broken link. [V]

Fangar

Originally posted by Tropical
<br />Very fine work. Great looking pen. For some reason my browser couldn't view the first two pens. I got a broken link. [V]

Hmmm... Maybe try back, I went back and checked, and they are popping in here. Thanks for the kind words.

Cheers,

James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom