Black Beauty

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from scoweyjoh

scoweyjoh

Hi guys,

I've made a few pens now, but I am increasingly satisfied with this particular one. My thanks to Bobalu for all the continued lessons in turning!

What do you think?

Scott

Attachments

• IMG_5338-2.png
    IMG_5338-2.png
    773.1 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_5333-2.png
    IMG_5333-2.png
    450.8 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_5342-2.png
    IMG_5342-2.png
    675.7 KB · Views: 223
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Great job on buffing it out. It shines like glass. I see you got your bushings from the same place I did. When I first started making atlas pens all my nib ends were over turned slightly. Now I use calipers and it doesn't matter so much that my bushings are smaller than they need to be.

OOPS

Wow, that's a really impressive pen! I can see why you're fond of it. I never would have thought to use that kit. Great idea. Thanks for showing it.

Bobalu

Scott, great job! I think this is your best pen to date. The finish is fantastic. Looks like smoked glass. Don't fret the fit. Photos often tend to magnify tiny imperfections. Having seen this pen in person, I know the undercut was much less than it appears in the photo. In any case, next lesson is "Calipers 101 - Never met a bushing I could trust". Keep up the good work.

BTW-That blank was one of Andy Little's (Penman1) home brews. Had I known it would turn and finish so nice, you would never have gotten your hands on it.

Top Bottom