Black Ash Burl Jr. Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

This is the last of my Christmas orders. Since I sold it to a friend and it's a gift for a friend I upgraded them to a statesman from a gent. Wrapped it in one of my favorite burls. CA finish, MM to 12000, polished with PlastX. I really enjoyed making this one and I'm sad to see it go. Luckily I have several more blanks of this stuff. Comments are always welcome! Thanks for looking and everyone have a great holiday! :biggrin:

Attachments

• 103_0012.jpg
    103_0012.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 299
  • 103_0019.jpg
    103_0019.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 193
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

Jon, great looking pen. BAB is one of our favorite burls. It is a real treat when you can get one with good eyes throughout the blank. It also looks good on black Ti. Well done!

Brooks803

Looks great Brooksy!

I'm just surprised that you turn wood, I thought you were resin only ;)

lol...it's funny you mentioned that. When I first got into turning I only did wood and my wife did the acrylics. I couldn't stand them and still don't like the acrylester and acetate types. I'll stick with my PR and TruStones for the majority of my alternate materials.

watchman7

Jon,

Another beautiful pen. Just what one would expect after seeing all the great pens you displayed at the Georgia chapter meeting last Saturday. It was a pleasure meeting and talking with you. Hope you make it to the next meeting. Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Brooks803

Jon,

Another beautiful pen. Just what one would expect after seeing all the great pens you displayed at the Georgia chapter meeting last Saturday. It was a pleasure meeting and talking with you. Hope you make it to the next meeting. Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Thank you Mike. I appreciate that. I do hope to make it to the next meeting. We'll just have to see what my work schedule is like. I really enjoyed meeting everyone.

jttheclockman

Boy that pen screams class. Great wood and great job putting it together. You can have a million dollar blank but you also need to make it pop and that you did. Thanks for showing.

Top Bottom