Black Arkansas Walnut

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jgrden

Jgrden

Using Jeager's approach to finishing I finally got a Black Walnut to finish correctly. Pens - 4-27-10 Blk Wlnt Ark.jpg

Pens - 4-27-10 Blk Wlnt Ark 2.jpg

Pens - 4-27-10 Blk Wlnt Ark 3.jpg

Oh and this is a Gary Max Slimline, inventory #GM709 priced at $29.00. Too low??

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mark

I need Jeagers Approach. Your pen looks awesome. Love the CB. Nicely Done.

I finally finished the Black Walnut pen that was kicking my butt. (CA cloudy) but the bottom came out dark (like yours) and the top of the pen came out three shades lighter. It looked like a different blank altogether. doh...

Jgrden

I have been spelling his name incorrectly, shucks. It is JAEGER. You might try to PM him. I don't have his permission to repeat the secret method.

jaeger

John,
I will post how I finish pens. I am pretty tied up today so I will try to have it by this weekend. I will have a link on this thread and probably post it on the Finish Section.
Everything that I have learned about penmaking I can attribute to THIS SITE.
Thank you everyone at IAP!!!

I do just like everyone else here. I try this, try that and tweek this and tweek that. I promise, I will not shock anyone. I am not using any magic compound or secret polish. I will say that I use Hut Crystal Coat liquid friction polish, but I think any liquid friction polish intended for wood will work. (John, we didn't talk about this, but I also use EEE ulta shine paste and I will include full details about this as well.)
I hope nobody rushes out to buy any of this because some of it is kind of spendy and if you have similar product(s) I think you are covered, if you want to try this. I do like to use the liquid friction polish for sure.

I'm glad that you are having good results John! Your walnut pen looks real nice. I especially like the Briar pens that you have been making recently. Nice Craftsmanship!!!

Doug

Jgrden

Danta

Here's a Danta pen with a decal on the top. I wanted to test the new Jaeger method on decals and it works. This is a bad decal as we ran out of decal paper and this was a left over. The test needed to be done and I can always replace the top with something more conventional.

Attachments

• Pens - 4-29-10 Danta decal satin gold.jpg
    Pens - 4-29-10 Danta decal satin gold.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 178
  • Pens - 4-29-10 Danta decal satin gold 3.jpg
    Pens - 4-29-10 Danta decal satin gold 3.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 152
Top Bottom