Black Anodized Aluminum Clicker

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Got some of Rich's click mechanisms from a friend of mine, and made my first ever aluminum click pen. Mike Redburn brought his anodizing set up to Mike Rouxs shop, along with his expertise, and dyed it black for me. This was done while Mike Roux was fabricating a 4 bolt cross slide plate for my 9x20 lathe, which will be posted in another thread, in the metal lathe forum. Thanks very much to BOTH Mikes, for the tremendous help you have afforded me. Also, want to thank BradG, for getting this started.:biggrin: Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_1185.JPG
    IMG_1185.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_1186.JPG
    IMG_1186.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_1187.JPG
    IMG_1187.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_1188.JPG
    IMG_1188.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Pretty cool!

Can you get the tip to come out any further....looks short. Then again, it might just be the angle that the photo was taken.

Scott (lots of ano happening) B

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
This one was really promising in the results. It took a deep black immediatly and held fast. THe pen is nicely understated one of the best we have done so far.

MarkD

Nice job! Your lucky to have friends like that nearby!
I didn't realize it was a 2 piece until the last picture! It takes some very long drill bits otherwise!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks for the comments guys. I think I'll have to put some grip rings on this one. It is slick. :redface:

BTW, I prefer the tip shorter than most do.

wizard

Chuck, That is one handsome and stealthy piece of art!! I love and admire the way you like to learn and keep pushing the boundaries and experimenting... Were you planning on knurling the surface for a better grip? When you and the Mikes get together...you guys are an awesome combination. Congratulations on the new lathe! Doc:)

bluwolf

Chuck,

That looks great. It also reminds me I have to bug Mike about mine that he took home to do:biggrin:

Mike

cnirenberg

Chuck,
Wow. That came out great. I like the shape of the pen, looks like it will be very confortable to use. Not only is that a great looking pen (did I say that already??), but you got some work done on your new baby....Need pictures.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Nice. Keep up the experiments. Always nice to see new techniques.
Thanks Bruce. Trying to keep the gears turning.
I like it Chuck. It looks very elegant!
Thank you Hans.

Chuck, That is one handsome and stealthy piece of art!! I love and admire the way you like to learn and keep pushing the boundaries and experimenting... Were you planning on knurling the surface for a better grip? When you and the Mikes get together...you guys are an awesome combination. Congratulations on the new lathe! Doc:)
Doc, after your last several pens, I knew I had to kick it up a notch :biggrin: Always appreciate your support.

Turned out really good Chuck! well done
Thank you very much John!

Chuck,

That looks great. It also reminds me I have to bug Mike about mine that he took home to do:biggrin:

Mike
Thanks Mike. I don't think you'll get much resistance from Mike. He really seems to enjoy this stuff.

Chuck,
Wow. That came out great. I like the shape of the pen, looks like it will be very confortable to use. Not only is that a great looking pen (did I say that already??), but you got some work done on your new baby....Need pictures.
Thanks Cris. Going by Mikes tomorrow to get the Tail Stock.

Top Bottom