Black Acrylic Dragon Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangar

A little over two weeks ago, I was contacted by a customer who wanted a pen with a dragon engraving and some symbolic text. She was very specific in that she wanted black acylic cigar in Black Titanium, but really left the rest open to my interpretation. I needed some help. I contacted Old Griz who went out of his way to help me. Not only did Tom find the perfect dragon for the job, he worked his wonders in Photoshop and cleaned the image up.

Then I contacted Ken at Kallenshaan woods. Ken really did a masterful job on this pen. It is truly one of the most amazing jobs I have seen to date. The detail in the Dragon's body is so realistic, it looks like coarse skin. The dragon and symbols were color filled silver by ken.

I feel a little bad as really the only thing I did on the pen was turn down the plastic. I did hold my breath while I assembled the pen when I got the tubes back from Ken.

I just wanted to take this time to Thank both Tom and Ken for the help and to assist me with another happy customer.

dragonpen.jpg

dragonwork.jpg

Ron Mc

Very nice job everyone! Did she tell you what the symbols mean? Has kind of a "Dungeons and Dragons" look to it.

Ron Mc

Originally posted by Jim Boyd
<br />
Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />Very nice job everyone! Did she tell you what the symbols mean? Has kind of a "Dungeons and Dragons" look to it.
Naw, more Hobbitish[:D]

Your right! I wonder if you disappear when you use it? Anyone seen Fangar?

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
James, that is one fantastic pen.... you did a great job on it.... I really love the look... where did you get the pure black acrylic
Glad the dragon worked for you.... as usual Ken did an outstanding job on the laser engraving and color fill.....
I may actually have to do something like that myself one day... [:p][:p]

Efletche

I echo everyone's comments. I would like to get my hands on the jpeg of the dragon for my own use. Any chances?of it??

laserturner

Great job on the pen James. Thanks for the kind works regarding the engraving. The black acylic engraves and colorfills beautifully and Toms artwork made this one easy.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Efletche
<br />I echo everyone's comments. I would like to get my hands on the jpeg of the dragon for my own use. Any chances?of it??

Ken, has the artwork in his computer, I am sure he can do one for you... not sure what the price on it is, but I am sure it is more than reasonable...

Fangar

Originally posted by Old Griz
Ken, has the artwork in his computer, I am sure he can do one for you... not sure what the price on it is, but I am sure it is more than reasonable...

Kens prices are very reasonable for the amazing amount of work. I will let him talk price if you decide to have him do the work for you. Like Griz said, he has the artoork on hand.

Tom, That is just the #AA-25 black acrylic acetate that BB at AS sells. 2.60 a blank for 3/4" now.

Someone else asked what the symbols are. This pen is for her step father who is a dragon, medieval times and elf aficionado. Apparenlty there is a made up language called "Elf-speak". This is his name in Elf-speak.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

TOM I sent you a PM.

Fangar

wayneis

The Pipe makers Emporem also sells a Lucite that is solid black. I like there blanks because they are all about eighteen inches long so you just cut off what you need. They are really nice for the closed ended pens.

Wayne

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Old Griz
What about it, Tom. Can you help us out as to where we might find pics like this on the internet[?]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom