Birthday pen for my sis

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

This is a Purple Passion Acrylic Chrome Cigar pen I did tonight for my sister's birthday on the 24th. She had mentioned before she liked the blank when I showed her a catalog. I went REALLY slow on each section since acrylic is more brittle than PR. I did wet sanding on both sections with 600 grit followed by MM wet all the way up and ended with plastic polish. I did not paint the tubes, but still I really like it. I am hopeful she will love it. It has a very nice weight to the pen over all.

Thanks for looking!

150495-438x.jpg
150490-438x.jpg
150491-438x.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

Looks good from here! I like it! Good Job, sometimes you may not be so lucky not painting the tubes, it happened to me and I paint everytime I use any kind of resin just to be safe. I just recently turned some of PR that had some clear spots in it, had i not painted the inside, the brass would have shown up! JUst my .02

toyotaman

I wonder,, if you did have a void or a clear spot when you finished turning could you not lightly drill a small hole and fill it with something? Never done this so I thought I would ask.Maybe a stupid question.
Donny

Top Bottom