Birthday Bash Inspiration and Craziness

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

I think that I am losing it, I have been obsessed with the Bash and not sure why. Maybe it's been an escape during a stressful time at work. In any event,
I have entered numerous contests with expectations to only do well in one, in fact, I expect to be dead last in two contests. In any event, I have been inspired by BrianG's winner in the Get it done contest and decided to take on a 6 strand Celtic knot. Here is the result- a Jr. Aaron made from blood wood and Osage orange. It's a hybrid from Signature pen company that I used a gift certificate from the summer bash to buy.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

jttheclockman

Cody very nice job. You are not far off when you speak about the inspiration. What I had gone through this past year I too was looking for that push, that extra mo-jo. This is always an exciting time of the year because the talent shows up in bunches. I too was inspired by Brian's entry and have spoken to him about it. I am hoping he will share some insight to his methods of doing this. Maybe even you could share some insights to your methods. Thanks for showing and looks good from here.

Brian G

Cody, that's very well done. The margins are all balanced, and it looks like you nailed fitting the strips in the kerfs. Beautiful!

Thank you both for the comments. I'll put together a description/tutorial, but it won't be done until later in March. Feel free to ask questions, but maybe do so in the Penturning or Blank Making forums, so that we don't detract from Cody's excellent pen. :)

Top Bottom