Birdseye Maple / Snakewood Updated

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Nolan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolan

Well tell me what you think about the pen. I still cant take pic but I think its getting better.

Nolan

200642252742_2006_0421_204218AA.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

WOW!!!! That's a beautiful pen!!! Those two woods look very nice together. I don't guess you have a picture of what the blank looked like before you started turning it do you?

fuzzydog

I'm glad this was a featured pen on the home page. It caught my eye and was worth every second at looking. Stand up and take a bow that pen is terrific.
David
Juneau, AK

Nolan

Angboy,
Here is the next one I am gonna do. This will be top blank it is Oak and Ironwood the bottom blank I will make out of just ironwood.

200642324641_2006_0422_183620AA.jpg
<br />

Dario,
Yes just a couple of months. I bought my first lathe in December and been having a blast since.

Buzz,
Not problem with bleed over, but could be cause the Birdseye is pretty dense. I think the Oak one I have glued up will be a problem. The birdseye looks the same as ones I turned with no Snakewood in them.

Gerryr,
Could I get expllanation on underexpose and half stop? What do I need to do different? I dont post many pics cuz I cant seem to get them to look like they do in real life.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INPUT!!!!!
Nolan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom