Birds-Eye-Maple

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from USAFVET98

USAFVET98

I like the way this one came out. I saw that someone did one without a center band so I tried it and love the finished product. It takes slimline to a new level. Also, the birds-eye-maple take a CA finish better than other woods I have tried. I hope you like it.

newpenpics021.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

USAFVET98

Nice job on the pen, but it looks more like cherry burl than bird's eye maple.

OK, this is what happened. I ordered birds eye and cherry burl from a guy on ebay a while back. The problem is, I cant tell the difference all the time. You are correct though. I believe the birds eye maple has black lines through it, almost like bloodlines. This is cherry burl. Sorry for the misrepresentation.

GouletPens

Next time you have some cherry burl, you should throw some potassium dichromate on that bad boy. It'll patina the wood to make it look 25 years old. Cherry is one of those woods that just looks better and better over time. And with a burl like that it'll look almost like amboyna or afzelia with the patina.

bitshird

What? a gun clip and no Antler?? OK I like it, beautiful wood, by not using a center band you can make a more comfortable pen and show more wood, and when the wood looks like that, it's a good thing, Pretty pen.

Top Bottom