Birch Bark and Moose antler.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rovercat

Status
Not open for further replies.

rovercat

I had some left over parts from mistakes and put them together a bit ago for this pen. Burch Bark, Moose Antler and Walnut.
Brian

348_pens%20Birch%20bark%20008%20Large%20Web%20view.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevers

Brian,
That is one wild pen. What type of kit is that, I've never seen the white center band, clip assembly and nib before. The segmentation looks good. To be honest, the picture is a little hard to see. The dark background is a little distracting, Nice work and good use of left over materials.

rovercat

If I could spell it might help. The wood is Birch Bark. The bark is very thin and pices are stacked together glued and the drilled.

stevers
The white center band, clip assembly and nib I made from Moose Antler and Walnut.
I agree the background in the photo is not good.

Rifleman1776

Innovative and interesting treatment. Also a great 'save' from a misteak. [:p] I wondered about the color from birch bark which is usually white. Maybe the edgeways view gives the color. Keep up the good work.

rovercat

Thanks for the comments.
I soak the bark in water for about an hour then the top layer peals off very easy. Ehat is underneeth is a lite tan. By alternating the direction of the lines in the bark the part is stronger and gives the edges a nicer look.
Thanks again for the comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom