Birbseye Maple Burl ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jcraigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcraigg

2005121917740_Maple%20burl%201.jpg

Received this blank from a friend Birdseye Maple Burl Is that what is? I dont know any ideas? All comments Welcome

Jeff

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Or perhaps even box elder burl? [;)]

Originally posted by malathan
<br />Looks like elder box burl.

Sorry William- I think the drugs are still affecting you... I can't say for sure what kind of wood it is, but if people are right, then wouldn't it be burl box elder? [:D][}:)]

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by angboy
<br />
Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Or perhaps even box elder burl? [;)]

Originally posted by malathan
<br />Looks like elder box burl.

Sorry William- I think the drugs are still affecting you... I can't say for sure what kind of wood it is, but if people are right, then wouldn't it be burl box elder? [:D][}:)]

LOL,LOL,LOL

BB's site lists the name we are having fun with as Boxelder Burl.

Regardless, let us not lose sight of the fact it is a very nicely done pen.

wayneis

Many times while turning something as small as a pen with birds eye especially with lots of added figure, then by the time you get it turned down you have very little eyes left. That may have started out with lots of eyes but many of them are now laying on the shop floor. Someone of the Yahoo site was talking about this a couple months ago, in fact I sent him a piece of birds eye maple from Michigan and if you read this how about putting up a photo of the results.

Wayne

Originally posted by wayneis
<br />Many times while turning something as small as a pen with birds eye especially with lots of added figure, then by the time you get it turned down you have very little eyes left. That may have started out with lots of eyes but many of them are now laying on the shop floor. Someone of the Yahoo site was talking about this a couple months ago, in fact I sent him a piece of birds eye maple from Michigan and if you read this how about putting up a photo of the results.

Wayne

That was me Wayne, and again, thanks for the wood.

The blanks you gave me is so beautiful I'm afraid to turn it. Every couple of days I look at the blanks and say, "Today is the day you are going to be a pen" Then I go through all my pen kits and find nothing worthy.[:D]

Well actually, I settled on a Statesman II BT, but it's the old version. I'm waiting on CS to make the new parts avaiable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom