Billiards Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Spike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike

Made from a cue stick and an old pool ball. Satin nickel credit card pen. I also made a "Cue Stick Rack" for it. Comments welcome.

200511218235_2.jpg

200511218947_3.jpg

200511218120_Hpim2104.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texas Taco

Originally posted by Czarcastic
<br />Doesn't really matter who invented the lightbulb. If it wasn't for them, we'd all be watching television by candle light! [;)]

No, we would be watching gas television. [:D] Ol' Tom did us a big favor with the light bulb.

Spike, better ahve a thick skin around this bunch.[:D] I had heard that their were those who wanted to rewrite history. BTW pen is excellent idea. However the lower tube looks a little pround of the nib & CB

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Man, I bet old Ben's lightbulb flickered a lot though... tough to get a constant flow of electricity from a kite in a lightning storm...

Spike

Originally posted by pastorbill1952
<br />Spike, better ahve a thick skin around this bunch.[:D] I had heard that their were those who wanted to rewrite history. BTW pen is excellent idea. However the lower tube looks a little pround of the nib & CB
Thanks for responding about THE PEN. The wood had large pores and i was afraid of tearout and the wood flying apart, since I only ordered 1 creit card kit. It was a cheap $10 cue from wa-lmart.(Didnt have the nerve to cut up a nice one.) I had to do ALOT of sanding though. It is actcully flush on one side were a big hunk of wood flew out. So i stopped.

BigRob777

Spike,
I like to see something original like this. A marriage of flatwork and turning. That stand must be pretty small. I was thinking that half of the cue would be good as a stand also.
Rob
Since I don't have a web site yet:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8959

Spike

Originally posted by BigRob777
<br />Spike,
I like to see something original like this. A marriage of flatwork and turning. That stand must be pretty small. I was thinking that half of the cue would be good as a stand also.
Rob
Since I don't have a web site yet:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8959
The stand mimicks my cue stick holder I bulit awile back.

20051123454_HPIM2107.jpg
<br /> yeah, I can do that I'll give that a try but just sand a parrell flat spots on it and put in a brass holder that way it still looks like the cue. Also the very bottom of the rest of my chopped up cue stick which has rubber on th bottom. Thanks for some insperation.
Im also in the process of making a full size pen out of 2 pool balls.
I glued the tubes in the balls and started turning and quickle realised I was going to be there a long time. so now i have to figure out how to cut exises off the balls and not my fingers.

Spike, don't ask Rob how to cut if you want to keep your fingers. [:D][B)] Since you have the tube glued in, try using a rod in the tube to hold the cue ball in line. BTW these guys are just aggravating you because they are jealous [;)]

Paul in OKC

I had wondered about using an old cue ball for pen material. I know a couple of cue makers and have gotten some scraps from them to play with. There are to pens in my photo album with 'points' in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom