Billet Bullet Evolution

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from greeneyedblackcat

Been busy building more bullet pens from billets, first picture is the original V1, it was a two piece design. The next picture is a brass V2 next to a stainless V2 followed by a billet aluminum V3. These are not bullet casings they are spun from solid billets of brass,stainless and aluminum. The last picture is a V2 next to a V3 for size comparison. The V3 is over 5.5 inches tall. I have also included a picture of one on the lathe. Hope U likem

Attachments

• V1 bullet pen.jpg
    V1 bullet pen.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 253
  • V2 and V3.jpg
    V2 and V3.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 293
  • V3 on lathe.jpg
    V3 on lathe.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 312
  • Awesome V3 1.jpg
    Awesome V3 1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cnirenberg

Jim,
That is really awesome. Parker mechanism? I also like the billet vs. casing idea. Yep, definitely need a metal lathe....thanks a lot.

Jim,
That is really awesome. Parker mechanism? I also like the billet vs. casing idea. Yep, definitely need a metal lathe....thanks a lot.

Cris, Yup Parker, believe it or not they are all built on the Atlas/Polaris kit. I bury the transmission deep into the body to get the extra length, You turn the base of the bullet to extend the pen

Attachments

• antlet stand V2.jpg
    antlet stand V2.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Awesome V3.jpg
    Awesome V3.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 139
  • Awesome V3 pen pencil.jpg
    Awesome V3 pen pencil.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
How steep is the learning curve for a metal lathe? Been thinking of getting one next winter with tax return.

All lathes do the same thing, the only difference is the material your cutting, metal lathes have a carriage and the cutting tool is guided by crank handles, wood lathes the cutting tool is hand held. Metal lathes excel at straight cuts, you can cut angles with the compound, long tapers are a different story, if you can get a metal lathe with a "taper attachment" long tapers will go much easier. There is a very basic book available on eBay, originally published by the South Bend company called "how to run a lathe" http://cgi.ebay.com/How-to-Run-a-la...1QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247
It is an old book but worth reading to get you started. It covers many procedures including, cutting threads, taper turning etc. I would say go for it :) The more lathes the merrier (don't tell anybody but I have 4 lathes, 2 metal, 2 wood) Lathe aholic???

Top Bottom