Big red

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Carl Fisher

Carl Fisher

Been a long time since I posted anything but felt like sharing this one for a change.

Alumilite body with black ebonite finials and grip. The clip and band were brush plated with 24k gold. The clip was originally nickel and the band was turned from brass. All of the engraving and the box insert were also done in-house.

Some days I think I spend more time playing with the toys for making accessories and embellishments than turning actual pens.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 394
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 348
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Great work !!!!

Can you please explain "brush plated", or give a reference ... never heard of it . Thanks

Carl Fisher

Great work !!!!

Can you please explain "brush plated", or give a reference ... never heard of it . Thanks

Technically it's pen plating which is just a smaller scale version of brush plating and I didn't want to confuse the matter with the word pen :)

It's a small scale electroplating method. Do a google search for pen plating or brush plating and you'll get more info than you could want.

robutacion

Been a long time since I posted anything but felt like sharing this one for a change.

Alumilite body with black ebonite finials and grip. The clip and band were brush plated with 24k gold. The clip was originally nickel and the band was turned from brass. All of the engraving and the box insert were also done in-house.

Some days I think I spend more time playing with the toys for making accessories and embellishments than turning actual pens.

Sorry but, I couldn't help myself with such a thread title...!

Those words have a special significance in OZ land and to demonstrate that, attached are 2 links of what I'm talking about, I certainly have to introduce Roger...!:eek:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=australian+big+red+kangaroo&biw=1229&bih=589&tbm=isch&imgil=KUDEW4pVhb7j8M%253A%253BU83VfQLMW1PeLM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%25252Fnews%25252Farticle-3110240%25252FForget-Dave-meet-Roger-giant-grey-kangaroo-pictured-stalking-suburbia-2m-red-rival-emerges-crushes-buckets-fun-BIGGER.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=KUDEW4pVhb7j8M%253A%252CU83VfQLMW1PeLM%252C_&usg=__1nDk6GXSjakaiGnCdhXg8_IxCFo%3D&ved=0ahUKEwjJn7eD7ovQAhXGH5QKHX_5DOoQyjcIfg&ei=z8saWIn8Oca_0AT_8rPQDg#imgrc=KUDEW4pVhb7j8M%3A

and

australian big red rock

As for your work, it looks amazing, congrats...!

Enjoy,

Cheers
George

Jim Smith

Beautiful job! While all of the pens shown here on IAP are well done, some of them get a little too "fancy" for my taste (i.e. lots of bling). Your pen is simple, with nice clean lines, yet elegant. Although I am not necessarily a Georgia Bulldog fan, those colors would bring an extra premium price here in Bulldog land. Very nice job!

Jim Smith

lhowell

I know I am guilty of looking for the next great thing to make my pens stand out and often forget that there is beauty in simplicity! This pen is truly a work of art! Beautiful!

wfsteadman

Great looking Pens. Can you tell me how you add them as attachments so folks can click and blow up the photos for better viewing?

Carl Fisher

Great looking Pens. Can you tell me how you add them as attachments so folks can click and blow up the photos for better viewing?

I just use the attachment functionality built into the forum when you create a new post. Scroll down below the submit and preview buttons and there is an Additional Options. Click on Manage Attachments and upload from the pop-up.

Top Bottom