Big Leaf Maple burl European

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rifleman1776

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rifleman1776

I don't usually use my more expensive/exotic blanks for Europeans. But, I'm meeting with a potential new client who wants pens for upscale customers. This was made to (hopefully) impress her with what can be done with a 'using' type pocket pen. It is a CS Tn gold European made with stabilized Big Leaf Maple burl. Finish is my practically standardized: sand wood thru all grits of Micro Mesh with long-ways sanding between every grit, a coat of Deft spray laquer; let rest about an hour, resand with the three finest grits of MM, another shot of Deft, let stand several hours, polish with the 12,000 MM (the finest), polish with my trusty wool blanket; final sparkle added with a caranuba based auto wax, then polished again with my wool blanket. I'll be offering it for
$40.

2007721205529_Big%20Leaf%20Maple%20European.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johncrane

Frank!
with a pen that nice l would be pushing the scale up a bit
if your planing is too use first class blanks. l would think it will be a bit hard too
lower your costs later on but then again at least your buyers will be happy. just my 2bobs worth.[:D]

BigRob777

Frank,
That's very nice. I'm trying to order some of those kits, for making pens for several venues. I have a festival to do, with Clewless in August, some class pens to do for November and up to 100 pens for a business. I figured it was time I added something to my line-up of cigars, sierras, barons and slimlines. I'd also like to add some click pens next. I'm just not an upscale pen type of guy yet.
Rob

Frank,
When I started, my first ever pen was on the European style.. I'm still partial to the style... this is a great pen... I haven't tried the Deft yet, need to give it a try.

And while I agree with all it's probably worth much more, in my area, you are about right on your pricing...

txbatons

That's a nice pen. I like the Euros, especially the Deco Euro because the clip is more interesting. That's the pen I carry with me and I think it looks nice. I'll carry something more pretentious-looking (Statesman, Jr. Gent II, Baron, etc.) once I learn to turn one! [;)]

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by txbatons
<br />That's a nice pen. I like the Euros, especially the Deco Euro because the clip is more interesting. That's the pen I carry with me and I think it looks nice. I'll carry something more pretentious-looking (Statesman, Jr. Gent II, Baron, etc.) once I learn to turn one! [;)]

I've never done a Deco Euro but may try one day. I like the regular Euro because it is a basic pen that appeals to a lot of people. The availability of theme clips (cross is most popular) helps sales. Being a regular ball-point is understandable to many people. Big, two-part, pens like the Jr. Gent and others is kinda akward for everyday use for a lot of people. The Euro fills a spot in the 'catalog' of offerings for guys like us.

txcwboy

I charge $40 for the regular Euro Pen, not even if its a nice wood. I would do that one for like $55 :) VICE ! thats my very nice in one word typo hehe.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom