Big Boy (Side view added)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chuck Key

Chuck Key

Another Pentel Conversion, this one in alternative ivory. Octagonal under the clip with a clip to match. Remainder of the barrel is round.

Don made more then 80 step drills available and there is mandrel with a step built in available so WHERE are all the conversion pencils????

20086223040_BIGBOY.jpg

200862112759_bigboy2.jpg

Chuckie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VisExp

Originally posted by Chuck Key

Don made more then 80 step drills available and there is mandrel with a step built in available so WHERE are all the conversion pencils????

I have the step drill and the mandrel. I even got some Pentel pencils from the office supply store. Now I just need to get a round tuit :D

That's a great looking pencil Chuck! Is that ebony veneer you used for the inlays?

gwilki

I missed out on the step drill buy. If anyone has an extra, and can take pity on a poor Canadian without a pencil, please let me know. :)

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Too bad this is a PENCIL and can't be entered in the ALTERNATE IVORY PEN contest. Just another example of you at your finest.

Draken

Great looking conversion there Chuck Key. Still looking forward to trying out my conversion mandrel, can't decide if I want to custom order the step drill bit, or try the original multi bit method.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, I say enter it in the Alt. Ivory contest, you never know.

Chuck Key

Originally posted by BRobbins629

Too bad this is a PENCIL and can't be entered in the ALTERNATE IVORY PEN contest. Just another example of you at your finest.

The Corian issue was strike one, a (gasp) pencil is clearly a violation, strike two and I used sheet styleALT. IVORY which is strike three. Someone said it looks like New York Yankee pin stripes though :D

Otherwise, I am sure there is a refill around here that would fit.

Chuck Key

Originally posted by workinforwood

Looks great chuck. No doubt a ton of work involved in making and shaping that pencil.

Yes, it was a ton of work but probably less work than Koko. Rather than try to hide the seams an alternative is to use them in the design of the pen. I believe this would work with Corian, Ivory, alternative ivory and other sheet materials.

Chuckie

PS I appreciate all the kind comments from everyone. Very encouraging, Thank you.

Top Bottom