Big Ben - Maple

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RSidetrack

RSidetrack

Had a 4th successful cigar. This one is made out of maple with a Gun Metal Black kit. This is the first time I have ever worked with maple in any way - and I was happy with the way it turned and the way it looks. It may not have very contrasting grain, but it looks good IMO. I was thinking I might have to do some form of accent such as celtic knot or something to liven up the wood. Instead, I am not going to do such a thing :biggrin: I also got a lot better results with my photo tent finally. Still doesn't make the finish gleam in the sense that it is a high gloss finish - but the pics are still way better than my previous ones. Any way, here goes.

Cigar-1.jpg

Cigar-2.jpg

Cigar-3.jpg

Cigar-4.jpg

RSidetrack

Rick, you're really givng that new lathe a workout with all these new pens. Good job.
I know I am so excited :biggrin: It was very frustrating with the condition of my old lathe (belt was broken and I had a makeshift replacement that wasn't working too well), and then my CA finish issues I had spent 3 weeks to make one pen. Now I am able to actually enjoy making them again :biggrin:

Top Bottom