Big Ben Cholla

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JRay8

JRay8

Comments welcome...
378104_323245627687645_228283643850511_1311263_379763778_n.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

I like how rich and dark that is. I see a lot of them that are bleached, but this really looks like a winner!!!

bruce119

I like the look of it also.

It almost looks like you painted the tubes and then clear cast to give the voids nice depth.

Very nice effect:good:

Hate to be a naysayer, but it's not my favorite. Interesting, yes, but (IMHO) the body is too wide. Cigar pens are wide bodies by definition - this one goes a bit too far. Possibly the camera angle? That said, it all doesn't matter if it fits the hand. How is it? Also, the blank is a bit "off" for my taste. Too busy?

SDB777

Looks like I need to visit a State this coming summer that has some of this stuff laying around....not that I would ever schedule a vacation to get supplies for turning or anything(just don't tell the wife).

Was this PR cast or Alumite? Pressure pot?

Fit-n-finsh look spot on(thumbs up)!!!

Scott (casting has got to start) B

JRay8

Looks like I need to visit a State this coming summer that has some of this stuff laying around....not that I would ever schedule a vacation to get supplies for turning or anything(just don't tell the wife).

I used PR in a pot for this one. not all of my PR cholla turned out. i cast a few with alumilite that came out much better. the cholla i bought on ebay for really cheap.

robutacion

Yeah, I also like the pen, the job you done with those materials and the way you put it all together...!

But...! I also like the clarity, colour and detail of the picture, great job...!:wink:

Cheers
George

SDB777

I used PR in a pot for this one. not all of my PR cholla turned out. i cast a few with alumilite that came out much better. the cholla i bought on ebay for really cheap.

Thanks for the answers. Me and eBay...hmmm?(I always get outbid, and I'm cheap) Might have to look around there anyway.....

Scott (still a great turning) B

Top Bottom