A Bevy of Brooks Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hewunch

hewunch

So sometimes it is good to be good to others. :wink: I say that because of the good relationship I have had with Jonathon over the past few years. So at our last meeting Jonathan says something to the effect of, "Hey I got some blanks that will probably have bubbles or something, do you want them?" And quickly my mind went to my two rules of turning pens.
Rule #1, never show your brass
Rule #2 never turn down free blanks from someone who usually has really good blanks for sale.

So obviously I said yes :biggrin: And these are the first few "cast offs" that I got out of the box. Questions, comments are most welcome.

Attachments

• vintagepurpleseirraclick.jpg
    vintagepurpleseirraclick.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 177
  • vintagepurplelongclick.jpg
    vintagepurplelongclick.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 177
  • vintagepurpleultra.jpg
    vintagepurpleultra.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 190
  • vintageorangesierra.jpg
    vintageorangesierra.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 178
  • ventagepurplegent.jpg
    ventagepurplegent.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 172
  • ventagepurplegentopen.jpg
    ventagepurplegentopen.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 168
  • ventagepurplegentcloseup.jpg
    ventagepurplegentcloseup.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 163
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jbswearingen

I don't see any bubbles. I call shenanigans.

Great, GREAT swirls. They look amazing. Is that a matte finish? If so, what do you use to get it?

hewunch

Not matte, I just diffused the flash so you can see the pattern. And there were bubbles. But, I took care of them.

Lenny

Yeah, very nice on all counts!

Hans, when you say you took care of the bubbles what did you have to do? Did you fill them with CA or epoxy glue?

(just in case I ever cast something with air bubbles):redface::wink::rolleyes::)

Brooks803

Dang Hans, you even make my screw ups look good! I didn't expect those to come out that well. Glad you worked around the bubbles. I wasn't sure there were any, but if I even think there are bubbles they go directly in my "oops" box. They all look awesome but I think that cigar is perfect! Did you reverse paint them all the same color or did you play around any?

hewunch

The purples all have a dark blue reverse. The orange has orange.

Lenny, I filled the bubbles with CA, and I cut around them too. Believe it or not the cap of the gent has a different color tube and isnt the same blank either.

Top Bottom