"BETWEEN THE LINES" - An Artisan Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from johnspensandmore

This is a Wall Street (or Sierra) in black titanium and platinum.

The base wood is Bois De Rose, which is an absolutely beautiful wood! If you haven't turned it, you should. The rings are American Holly and black-dyed Poplar. The two diamond inlays are mother-of-pearl. For some reason, I really like this pen (I almost kept it).

http://www.johnspensandmore.com

Attachments

• between2222.jpg
    between2222.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 324
  • between3333.jpg
    between3333.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 231
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Craftdiggity

Very nicely executed. I'd love to know how you kept the Holly white. That reddish color should have stained the [expletive: deleted] out of it.

I think I might have been tempted to keep that sucker too.

thetalbott4

John- I really like the color combo and the diamond. I really want to do a "pool cue" style pen (not sure why other than some of the techniques are cool) and the diamond is one of the mysteries other than a hand engraver/foredom/dremel. Is that what you use?

John- I really like the color combo and the diamond. I really want to do a "pool cue" style pen (not sure why other than some of the techniques are cool) and the diamond is one of the mysteries other than a hand engraver/foredom/dremel. Is that what you use?

I'm not sure what constitutes a "pool cue" pen....Perhaps it's the diamond, or mother-of-pearl?

Either way, all of my inlays are done with a knife and rotary tool. Some I've built on the tube itself.

I looked at your site, and you have some nice pens! Good luck to you.

Russianwolf

It's also called Madagascar (sp) Rosewood and it's hard to come by. No new imports - only warehoused stock! Turns like butter, use acetone before finishing.

Bois De Rose is Dalbergia Maritima and Madagascar Rosewood is Dalbergia Baroni, not the same woods, though both in the Rosewood family (Dalbergia).

Wasn't aware of the import restriction, guess I'll have to pick up a few boards while I can. Bois De Rose is one of my favorites.

Gorgeous pen by the way. Are, the bands running on a diagonal, or it it just the way it looks in the second pic?

Top Bottom