Betty boop watch parts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from edstreet

edstreet

Many have been wondering and asking about the Betty Boop watch part blanks that I have had been showing off. With the recent discussion on Eagle I called Roy @ classic nib and one thing lead to another and next thing I knew I had a project to work on.

After a few weeks of waiting on parts to arrive I was able to finish this project and I have to say I am greatly impressed by this one. Not only do I think this is the perfect setup for watch parts but the look is just amazing.

The ebonite is from Vermont Freehand and it is Japanese Nikko. The pen components is from Jon David Jones at Signature Pen Supply, Watch parts supplied by Classic Nib. The blank was made by Captian G. This week the pen will be shipped back to its owner.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_6185.jpg
    IMG_6185.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 691
  • IMG_6195.jpg
    IMG_6195.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 785
  • IMG_6203.jpg
    IMG_6203.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 685
  • IMG_6204.jpg
    IMG_6204.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 674
  • IMG_6220.jpg
    IMG_6220.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 739
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Top notch job on the turning and finishing on these Ed!...and the photos too.

Personally, I am not a fan of these two pen component finishes yet...just not my preference. Maybe I will see a blank on them one day and I will say...that works.

Keep up the good work!

SteveG

I had one of the Betty Boop (w/black carbon fiber) pens on display. I noticed a customer looking at the pen very closely while while rocking it back and forth in her hands. I asked, and she said: Betty's "eyes" follow you. I looked, and sure enough, because the watch face 'eyes' are actually open holes, and this backed up by the texture of the carbon fiber, an interesting result is produced. As you shift the pen a bit, it appears as if the eyes are tracking you. BETTY IS WATCHING YOU! This has become part of my sales pitch, as I do my 'show and tell' with interested customers.

Top Bottom